Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Scioto CC

Rankings

Golf Digest:  #50
Golfweek:  #56 Classic

How I got on:  A good friend's stepfather set us up with a foursome during a golf trip that also included a round at Muirfield Village.  I'm not sure how our round was arranged, but our caddie didn't seem to be too excited to forecaddie for four guests.  

The course layout was challenging and would have played LONG from the tips, but our caddie wouldn't have any of that despite my friend and I shooting in the 70s from the tees we played (I don't recall which ones, but they were something of a hybrid between white and blue).  The course has a modest amount of trees, but not dense enough to prevent you from seeing a lot of the course from most holes.  The greens were very quick and in great shape.  It was obvious the course would be a perfect "play every day" track.  

No comments: