Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Baltusrol GC - Lower

Rankings

Golf Digest:  #41
Golfweek:  #45 Classic

How I got on:  The GM from my home club arranged a round, and I was impressed with our treatment by the staff of Baltusrol.  They treated us like kings - first rate the entire day!  

We played in early April and it had just snowed a couple weeks prior.  The course was still recovering from the long winter, so the grass was brownish and the greens were shaggy.  The clubhouse and course had a special feel to them though.  We joined up with a couple members for the last few holes and they were amazing.  We joined them for a drink (coke for me as a non-drinker) after the round, and had a great conversation.  It was obvious Baltusrol would be a great home club.  I'd love to get another crack at this one when it is running firm, fast, and is in peak summer shape.  

No comments: